Kiliomeno is a rural mountain village, sometimes known as Agios Nikolaos after a beautiful old church of the same name located here. Some houses in the village date from the 16th Century after managing to survive the strong 1953 earthquake.
The church of Agios Nikolaos has a separate bell tower dating from 1893 with fine detailed stone carvings. Kiliomeno is renowned on the island for its stone architecture and many of the houses here have been built in the traditional Zakynthian way, using local stone from nearby quarries.
This quaint village is only 16 km from Zante Town and can easily be reached by car. The area surrounding Kiliomeno is rich with vegetation, full of pine and cypress trees and numerous varieties of colourful flowers, making it an ideal spot for walks and car drives.
A garden with 42 different types of Orchids can be found on the road between this village and Lagopodo.